- Learning and change happen in a space that is safe and challenging, where people can speak honestly, accept each other’s learning curve, and recognize that no one is the expert.
- It is important to understand the process of self-reflection and be honest about our own biases.
- We are all individuals AND members of different identity groups, both of which influence our perspectives and life experiences.
- The opportunity gap is real, and through intentional actions and relationship building it can be narrowed.
- In a supportive environment all students can experience academic and social success.
- It is essential to use Multicultural, Culturally Relevant and Anti-racist teaching practices that affirm the cultures of all students in order to foster academic and social success.
- Allies need allies to be effective on the challenging “journey” of being anti-racist educators.
- Teaching and learning are not neutral acts.
Back to IDEAS Home Page.