Website CAPS Collaborative
CAPS Collaborative is seeking dynamic educational leader to serve as Executive Director to oversee the running of the CAPS Collaborative organization servicing the North Central Massachusetts catchment area. CAPS provides programming to close to 150 students with varied special education needs in a variety of program types including a separate public day school as well as inclusionary classrooms housed in a number of local district schools and the Newton public schools.
Applicants should possess excellent organizational, written, presentation and communication skills. In addition to strong leadership skills, the applicant should have experiences with leading special education programming, strategic planning and implementation, experience with policy development, regulatory compliance including experience conducting MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Program Reviews. The Collaborative leadership requires a strong fiscal management skill base as well as in-depth knowledge of human resource regulation and educational law and compliance.
Applicants will need to meet the requirement set forth in the following job description. Applicant should send a letter in interest, an up-to-date resume and three current letters of recommendation to: email@example.com Application deadline is June 25, 2021.
Executive Director Job Description
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in Special Education or Educational Administration or related field.
• MA DOE certification as a Director/Supervisor of Special Education, Superintendent, or Assistant Superintendent
• A minimum of three years’ experience in the area of Special Education or related field.
• Three years relevant direct administrative experience.
Executive Board of Directors, Board Chair
Commensurate with experience
Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the directive of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will work to fulfill the Mission of the Collaborative.
• Directs, administers, supervises, and ensures high quality of all programs and services provided by the Collaborative.
• Is responsible for sound fiscal practices and accounting procedures
• Entrepreneurial approach to programming and the organization to fulfill district needs and adapt to the changing educational marketplace.
• Coordinates with the Business Manager, Finance Committee, and Treasurer to bring the proposed budget to the full Board, including an annual third-party audit
• Conduct needs assessments throughout the collaborative geographic area concerning the needs of the School Districts and informs the member districts Special Education Directors, Superintendents, and member School Committees on any new Collaborative initiatives.
• Works with Administration to screen, interview, and recommend qualified personnel for filling vacancies.
• Develops and ensures a program for evaluation of personnel including formally overseeing and evaluating the Administrative Team
• Oversees arrangements to obtain and maintain suitable physical facilities for programs and services.
• Maintains necessary records and statistics to prepare and complete required reports for the Collaborative, member school systems, State and Federal Agencies.
• Researches and prepares grant and project applications for State and/or Federal funding.
• Maintains appropriate and continuous liaisons between the Collaborative, the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and other appropriate agencies to ensure compliance with all appropriate state and federal laws and regulations.
• Maintains professional knowledge by attending relevant conferences, meetings and other professional development and performs activities and membership in appropriate professional associations.
• Makes recommendations to the Board regarding policies and procedures appropriate for the organization.
• Works with families and community members.
• Plans and provides appropriate staff development and training opportunities.
• Develops and presents the DESE required Annual Report.
• Represents the Collaborative on local and state level boards and organizations including Massachusetts Organization of Educational Collaboratives (MOEC)
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Board of Directors
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org