Website Dennis-Yarmouth Regional School District
The Dennis-Yarmouth Regional School District serves the students, parents and community of the towns of Dennis and Yarmouth, situated in the center of Cape Cod, MA. We serve and educate 2,857 students in Pre-K through 12th grade. Our district is governed by a seven member school committee, three from Dennis and four from Yarmouth. The Dennis-Yarmouth Regional School District has an annual budget including debt service of $76,019,508 (FY 2024) with a foundation enrollment of 3,203 students. We use a 5-year rolling average of enrollment from the two towns to calculate the town assessments. Currently the Town of Dennis contributes 31.4% and the Town of Yarmouth contributes 68.6%. The budget is voted on at the annual town meetings of each town.
The School Committee seeks a new Superintendent of Schools to lead the district beginning July 1, 2023. Candidates with the following characteristics and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply:
- A Superintendent that fosters working relationships in the school community; visibly present for students, staff, families, and community members.
- An engaged leader with the ability to create and implement a strategic vision, ensuring our unique community continues to benefit from the DY Advantage; a commitment to
educating the whole child.
- A seasoned and resilient educator with working knowledge of the challenges faced by high needs families and students, with a commitment to providing district assistance and accommodations to ensure the best possible educational opportunity for the students to succeed.
- A forward thinking lifelong learner, dedicated and organized, who inspires excellence by creating a collaborative and focused learning environment where educators and students can excel at all levels.
- A systems-minded professional with enthusiasm and stamina for long-term planning and ongoing improvement, with a flexible mindset that treats inevitable constraints as opportunity for innovation.
- An empathetic leader with deep understanding of one’s own identity, as well
as a commitment to issues of equity and inclusion, knowledge of best practices working with a diverse student body and an awareness of how they impact the lives of students, families and community members in the district.
- An outstanding communicator with exceptional interpersonal- and management skills; solution oriented and accountable for their difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions.
- A flexible and skilled negotiator, able to work with municipal leaders in the two district towns, esp. related to budgeting for district operations and capital preservation.
- A skilled leader with experience in curriculum development, current technology, labor relations, school and special needs law and finance.
- An administrator who can attract, retain, motivate and mentor a highly qualified and
diverse staff and administrative team.
The application deadline is May 15, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.