Website Holliston Public Schools
The Holliston Public School District has an opening for a Director of Student Services to begin leading the department on July 1, 2022.
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Minimum of five (5) years experience
- State Certification as Administrator of Special Education
Provide leadership to integrate and expand regular and Special Education services in order to ensure student success.
- Carries out the duties of the Administrator of Special Education as specified in Chapter 766 regulations as well as 94-142.
- Supervises implementation of 504 procedures and referral for 688.
- Ensures adherence to applicable regulations and TEAM processes and represents the district in circumstances related to legal matters.
- Act as a district Administrator to enhance success for all students with the Principals, Curriculum Personnel, Guidance, School Psychologists and Technology Integration Specialists.
- Assist the Principals in the selection assignment and evaluation of staff. Contribute to evaluations of select school-based special education administrators/staff and act as the primary evaluator for a select group of specialized district-wide staff.
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing and evaluating education programs and expanding existing programs to better meet student needs.
- Assists in coordination of curriculum development and current district instructional methods, materials, and best practice research.
- Assesses and implements curriculum and programs to support students in their efforts to meet district/state standards.
- Develop and provide in-service training and modeling to assist staff in instructional and curriculum change.
- Collects and analyzes related data, develops evaluation procedures and monitors Chapter 766 Compliance.
- Supervises delivery of contracted related services to all children including transportation.
- Advises the Principal of expenditures that should be included in the building budget to provide effective services to special education population.
- Develops and maintains a file of current resources, including individuals, organizations, and agencies, which can be used to provide special education services for the Holliston Public Schools and assumes the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate resource for providing required services.
- Maintains community relationships with parents and appropriate organizations and agencies.
- Contributes to the organization of the Parent Advisory Council for Special Education.
- Completes all building reports required by the District and the Department of Education including, but not limited to end-of-year reports, annual program plans, and grant reports.
- Attends meetings with School Committee and other community agencies as deemed necessary by the Superintendent of Schools.
- Assume such responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
Work Year: 12 Months
Evaluation: Annually by the Superintendent of Schools
Supervises: Student Services Administrators
COVID-19 information: Holliston Public Schools requires a COVID-19 vaccination for all Holliston Public School Staff, which will include any contracted service providers, interns, or essential volunteers who work in-person with HPS Students.
If you are interested in joining us, please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts and three (3) letters of reference.
About the Holliston Public School District
The Holliston Public school system serves approximately 2900 students from Pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade and beyond. Schools in the district include Sam Placentino Elementary School (PK-2), Fred Miller Elementary School (3-5), Robert Adams Middle School (6-8), and Holliston High School (9-12). Our schools promote innovation, creative problem solving, unique French Immersion and Montessori opportunities, positive school climates, and a trusting and respectful student-teacher relationship.
To apply for this job please visit holliston.tedk12.com.