The E. E. Little Elementary School is seeking a full time Special Education Paraprofessional for the Learning Center for the 2023-2024 school year. North Reading Public Schools is actively looking to build a diverse workforce to ensure all students feel welcome, safe, and valued for who they are and supported to reach their potential. In addition to competitive salary and benefits (linked below), we are offering up to $9,000 per candidate available for: Tuition reimbursement, relocation support, and/or signing bonus.
This position is five (5) days per week (Monday through Friday) and approximately 33.75 hours per week.
- Assist and support professional staff in implementing the Individualized Education Program for students and other special education programming, in and outside of the classroom
- Support in the implementation of curriculum modifications for specified students
- Provide physical assistance to students with disabilities as required
- Facilitate establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior
- Support teacher with preparation of instructional materials
- Provide school-based supervision of arrival, dismissal, lunch, recess, bus duty, collaboration and /or classrooms
- Cover general office duties as needed
- Provide assistance to the principal and staff in the daily management of the school
- Substitute at all grade levels as requested (see CBA for more details)
- Assume other duties/responsibilities as designated by the Principal, Teacher, and/or Designee
- Provide classroom coverage during IEP, 504 and IST meetings
- Maintain student files with current IEPs, updated progress reports and testing reports
- Knowledge of K-5 curriculum, all subjects
- Ongoing collaboration with Special Education and Regular Education teachers
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience preferred. This may include background in education including college and/or work experience
- Citizenship, residency, or work visa required
Additional benefits for this work are outlined in the current North Reading Federation of Paraprofessionals contract.
The North Reading Public Schools (NRPS) provides a safe, inclusive, and supportive learning environment where students develop both their social-emotional and academic skills and abilities through an exploration of a wide range of content areas, the arts, athletics, and extra-curricular opportunities. With a dedication to excellence, service, and life-long learning our students will engage collaboratively, think critically, embrace diversity, and value equity in order to become productive global citizens.
NRPS is actively looking to build a diverse workforce to ensure all students feel welcome, safe, and valued for who they are and supported to reach their potential. Candidates with different perspectives and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply to grow our school community and help students feel personally connected to their learning experiences and feel represented inside and outside of the classroom ensuring a sense of belonging.
To apply for this job please visit nrpsk12.tedk12.com.