Website Reading Public Schools
Reading Public Schools proudly serves 4,000 students throughout nine schools. We are committed to meeting the needs of our learners and ensuring each has meaningful learning experiences in academics, health and wellness, the arts, community service, co-curricular activities, and athletics. We strive to instill a joy of learning by inspiring, engaging and supporting our youth to become the innovative leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking a dynamic and visionary leader to serve as Principal at Barrows Elementary School effective July 1, 2022. The Barrows Elementary School Principal will coordinate administrative oversight and plan all phases of leadership for the school including educational programming, professional development, administration, budgetary planning, and discipline.
- Oversees the daily management and ancillary services of the school and office.
- Oversees educators in the school, providing observations and evaluations that are timely and constructive and completed based on the timetables set by the school district.
- Offers additional training and guidance based on evaluations of professional staff.
- Oversees, hires, and evaluates the performance of all faculty and staff for the school.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts ongoing professional and staff development.
- Ensures a safe and productive learning environment through continual collaboration with teachers, students, and parents.
- Facilitates opportunities to connect with students by being present and available during arrival and dismissal, by appearing at school functions, and by meeting with students.
- Administers the implementation of educational plans for students with special needs, in accordance with Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) regulations.
- Enforces disciplinary policies and procedures with students.
- Initiates parent meetings and conferences and acts as intermediary between parents, teachers, and students to deal with a variety of needs or issues.
- Maintains competency and student academic achievement as prescribed by the school committee.
- Presides over staff meetings and conducts an orientation for new staff members.
- Ensures completion of routine and required paperwork including attendance reports, test results, and licensing information for students, educators, staff, and school administration.
- Ensures that necessary maintenance and repairs to the school property are performed.
- Coordinates professional development for faculty and staff; provides instruction if needed.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the school improvement plan which is aligned to the district improvement plan.
- Oversees the ordering and allocation of supplies, textbooks, and equipment.
- Oversees and implements the school budget, approving new programs and expenditures as appropriate, in conjunction with the School Council, the Director of Finance and Operations, and the Superintendent.
- Represents the school in community activities, in-services, and meetings.
- Interacts with various stakeholders to foster a positive relationship between the school and community including the PTO, community organizations, and leaders.
- Acts as liaison between the district and the school; communicates needs and information to both sides.
- Collaborates with other principals and educators throughout the district in coordinating academic standards, instructional programs, curriculum, and other system-wide responses that align with local, state, and national standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to professionally and effectively communicate with educators, parents, and community leaders.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective administration of multifaceted operations.
- Thorough understanding of applicable local, state, and federal educational laws, regulations, policies, and requirements.
- Thorough understanding of instructional methodology.
- Knowledge of best practices in education and educational administration.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Ability to create, understand, and implement budgets and budgeting practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Master’s degree and 5 years of teaching experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. School Administrator License required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com