Barnstable Public Schools
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
Barnstable Public Schools
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
The Barnstable School District consists of 9 schools that serve students from seven (7) villages. While having the appearance of a small town, Barnstable is a Gateway City with an increasingly diverse population. The School Committee is proud of a strong and productive partnership with its current Superintendent and desires to continue the district’s commitment to effective learning practices and data-based assessment with its new Superintendent.
Barnstable Public Schools is committed to engaging all work through the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Furthering this work is a priority of the district. Familiarity and experience with Multi-Tiered Systems of Support are integral to the District’s operations. The School Committee values and supports the work of the consolidated Town/School departments of municipal finance and human resources.
The Town of Barnstable is an oceanfront community located centrally on the peninsula known as Cape Cod. It is located in southeastern Massachusetts, 75 miles south of Boston and east of Providence and is bordered to the south by Nantucket Sound and to the north by Cape Cod Bay.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Barnstable School Committee will offer a multi-year contract with a salary range of $185,000—220,000 based upon qualifications and experience, as well as a competitive benefits package.
Applicants must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a Massachusetts Superintendent. Prior successful administrative experience and a strong background in educational leadership, school finance and curriculum/instruction will be important in the selection process. A thorough understanding of current education laws and regulations is required. Doctorate preferred.
Desirable Leadership Qualities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with all school related stake-holder groups including the community-at-large.
- Ability to establish productive working teams with staff that are based on integrity and respect.
- Commitment to continuous enhancement of standards based education within an environment that values site based decision making.
- Ability to continue and enhance the work of a high performing central office team.
- Ability to oversee and direct the financial operations of a large school district in consort with the consolidated Town/School operations of procurement and human resources.
- To be considered for this position, applicants are requested to submit the following:
- Letter of application indicating suitability for the position, a current resume, and a completed application form with the required personal statement
- Academic transcripts indicating degrees
- Three recent letters of reference
- Verification of licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Superintendent of Schools in Massachusetts
Applications must be received by 3:00pm EST November 15, 2021. The anticipated starting date is July 1, 2022.
For more information, contact Glenn Koocher at email@example.com or (617) 733-0497.
Please do not contact members of the School Committee, Screening Committee or district/school administrators.
To apply for this job please visit www.masc.org.