Peabody Public Schools
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
Peabody Public Schools
27 Lowell St, Peabody, MA
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
Strategically located 18 miles north of Boston at the intersection of Route 128, Route 1 and Interstate 95, the city of Peabody has evolved into a diverse, vibrant community and a tremendous economic success story.
Throughout its history Peabody has been an important employment center of the state’s north shore communities. From its rise in the early 1900s as one of the world’s great leather-producing centers to today’s modern, highly successful Centennial Industrial Park, North Shore Mall and rejuvenated downtown, Peabody continues to be a focal point of the North Shore’s economy. Owing to this varied economic base, the city has been able to balance its residential and business interests which has allowed local government officials to be both flexible and creative in planning development projects.
In addition to its economic diversity, Peabody is also an ethnically diverse community and encourages participation by all groups in civic and social affairs. An annual international festival sponsored by the Arts Council is just one of the ways the city celebrates its rich cultural variety.
Peabody is especially proud of its public school system which has been deemed one of the best in the area, with low student/teacher ratios, excellent educational facilities, and an emphasis on academics and extra-curricular activities.
Student Enrollment: 6,000 (2019-20)
Budget: $81 ,643,000 (FY20)
POSITION AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will be a motivated, dynamic leader who:
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills;
- Demonstrates excellent communication and political skills;
- Shows experience with Special Education, ELL and diverse populations;
- Shows experience with development and implementation of curriculum;
- Demonstrates success in improving and maintaining high academic performance;
- Shows successful administrative and management experience;
- Understands and recognizes good teaching;
- Shows successful experience with collective bargaining;
- Demonstrates succes in community engagement/involvement;
- Shows success in promoting professional development for staff;
- Shows experience in an urban district;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the MA Educator Evaluation System.
Salary & Contract:
- Competitive, commensurate with experience;
- Multi-year contract; benefits negotiable
Completed applications and information must be received on or before February 28, 2020 at 3:00PM EDT to:
Massachusetts Association of School Committees
Attn: Ann-marie Martin
One McKinley Square, Boston, MA 02109
Email: email@example.com (subject line: Peabody Superintendent Search)
The appointment will be made on March 30, 2020 with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2020.
For More Information, Contact:
Please do not contact school committee members or members of the school administration.
To apply for this job please visit www.masc.org.