Website Tri-County Regional Vocational Technical School
A vocational technical high school that serves grades 9-12
The responsibility of the Public Relations and Events Coordinator is to create and maintain a public presence for Tri-County utilizing the most up to date social media outlets and the school’s website to keep the community informed of the events, admission processes, school building developments and successes of the district.
They will provide a range of communications support including ensuring an effective communication strategy and its execution, developing communication and marketing materials, and ensuring access to services and information for families, partners, and community members of all cultural and language backgrounds. They will facilitate the coordination of the district’s primary public events, including Tri-County’s Open House and Alumni Events.
Candidate must possess:
- Experience with marketing projects aligned with a District’s mission, vision and strategic plan
- Previous experience working in K-12 school outreach preferred, with the ability to oversee, coordinate and provide support for community, family and out-of-school time outreach initiatives
- Ability to work in collaborative teams
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms
- Knowledge of video and audio production equipment, operations, and software
- Demonstrated ability in developing marketing strategies and materials, utilizing creative concepts, messaging, and visual modes to achieve desired objectives and district branding
- Technical proficiency for website development and management
- Ability to organize and execute large scale events
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of the organization and the general public
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include nights and weekends on occasion.
- Knowledge of computer applications and technological equipment as related to job function
- Ability to assist teachers with technology, as needed
- Other duties as identified by Superintendent or Designee
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000-$90,000Per Year
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field;
* Two (2) years of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, and/or promotions;
* Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
* Exceptional internal and external customer service skills;
* Demonstrated commitment to racial equity initiatives;
* Demonstrated ability to implement differentiated communications with varied audiences;
* Proficient in working collaboratively across departments
Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job as they are directly related to the academic outcomes of students. Not only do these functions affect the academic achievement of students, but they also affect the overall running of the building.
This description is not a complete statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and/or abilities. Management retains the discretion to add or change typical duties of the position at any time.
Tri-County seeks candidates whose background, teaching, or service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of education. Also, we are interested in candidates who will bring to their professional practice the perspective that comes from a non-traditional educational background or an understanding of the experiences of those underrepresented in the educational field.
Citizenship, residency or work visa required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com