IDEAS now offers a Certificate Program in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and Anti-Racism. The 120-hour program is provided in conjunction with Framingham State University.
All educators are welcome to apply. Applicants could include (but are not limited to): Teachers, Principals, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, DEI Directors, METCO Directors, Department Chairs, and Team Leaders.
Required IDEAS courses:
- IDEAS 1: Anti-Racist School Practices to Support the Success of All Students (30 hour two-credit course)
- Anti-Racist DEI Best Practices (30 hour two-credit course consisting of 8 modules meeting once per month; must be taken only after completing IDEAS 1)
- Difficult Conversations (15 hour one-credit course)
- Transforming Curriculum (15 hour one-credit course)
30 hours from the following IDEAS courses or seminars (recommended to be taken when available):
- Strategies for Examining and Addressing the Academic Achievement Gap (15 hour one-credit course)
- Co-Teaching with a Culturally Responsive Lens Gap (15 hour one-credit course)
- Building Bridges (15 hour one-credit course)
- Putting Culture into Culturally Responsive Teaching (15 hour one-credit course)
- Building School Leaders (15 hour one-credit course)
- Understanding Self Efficacy (15 hour one-credit course)
- Becoming a Culturally Responsive Teacher (6 hour seminar)
- Teaching About Native Americans (6 hour seminar)
- The N-Word (6 hour seminar)
Complete the application form.
Back to the IDEAS Home Page.