IDEAS offers a Certificate Program in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and Anti-Racism. The 120-hour program is provided in conjunction with Framingham State University.
All Massachusetts educators with a Bachelor’s degree are welcome to apply. Applicants could include (but are not limited to): Teachers, Principals, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, DEI Directors, METCO Directors, Department Chairs, and Team Leaders.
Applications for the next cohort must be submitted by June 30, 2023. Application Form
All courses must be taken for credit through Framingham State University. There are no credits awarded or required for seminars.
Required IDEAS courses:
- IDEAS 1: Anti-Racist School Practices to Support the Success of All Students (30 hour two-credit course)
- Anti-Racist DEI Best Practices (30 hour two-credit course consisting of 9 modules; must be taken only after completing IDEAS 1 or concurrently with IDEAS 1)
- Difficult Conversations (15 hour one-credit course)
- Transforming Curriculum (15 hour one-credit course)
30 hours from any other IDEAS courses and seminars, including:
- IDEAS 2: Enacting Systemic Change in Educational Institutions (30 hour two-credit course)
- Strategies for Examining and Addressing the Academic Achievement Gap (15 hour one-credit course)
- Co-Teaching with a Culturally Responsive Lens Gap (15 hour one-credit course)
- Building Bridges (15 hour one-credit course)
- Putting Culture into Culturally Responsive Teaching (15 hour one-credit course)
- Building School Leaders (15 hour one-credit course)
- Understanding Self Efficacy (15 hour one-credit course)
- Anti-Racist Decision Making for School Leaders (6 hour seminar)
- Becoming a Culturally Responsive Teacher (6 hour seminar)
- Best Practices for Hiring and Retaining Educators for Equity (6 hour seminar)
- Teaching About Native Americans (6 hour seminar)
- The N-Word (6 hour seminar)
Complete the application form.
Back to the IDEAS Home Page.