Website BENJAMIN FRANKLIN CLASSICAL CHARTER PUBLIC SCHOOL
BFCCPS opened in 1995 as one of the first Charter Schools in Massachusetts. We are nationally recognized, highly successful, mission driven. As a K-8 school, our mission is to assist parents in their role as primary educators of their children by providing students with a classical academic education coupled with sound character development and community service.
The role of the Music/Woodwind Teacher is to plan, organize and implement an appropriate, comprehensive instructional program in a supportive and collaborative learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic, social and emotional potential. S/he teaches general music to grades 6-8, woodwind lessons to grades 4-8, enrichment classes and plays a role in advising students.
– BA/BS in music education or specific content area required. Master’s Degree in education or related field preferred
– Applicable license or certification
– 3 years’ experience teaching Music, or other relevant experience preferred
– Ability to teach woodwind lessons
– Thorough knowledge of general music
– Ability to create and execute rigorous daily lesson plans that push students toward achieving mastery of content and skills
– Utilizes successful techniques to integrate the curriculum of other disciplines into the music program.
– Effectively incorporates literacy into music instruction
– Provides varied and differentiated instruction to meet students where they are and to challenge and motivate them.
– Works collaboratively with school leadership and special education faculty and staff to ensure that all students’ needs are met
– Ability to create a positive, warm, and achievement-oriented classroom environment based on high expectations that engages, encourages and motivates students
– Effectively communicate with students, families, and colleagues
For more information, please visit www.bfccps.org.
Benjamin Franklin Classical Charter Public School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language, or prior academic achievement.
To apply for this job please visit bfccps.org.