Website New England School Development Council
AN INVITATION TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF
CHIEF TALENT OFFICER (CTO)
CAMBRIDGE PUBLIC SCHOOLS, MA
The Superintendent of Cambridge Public Schools (MA) invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Chief Talent Officer. Cambridge Public Schools is a comprehensive PreK-12 school system serving the distinctive City of Cambridge, which is located just outside of Boston. Cambridge strongly supports excellence in public education and is truly dedicated to equity and instilling a passion for learning for every student. It is a district where students excel academically in a setting that advances their unique strengths and recognizes their individual needs. Serving approximately 7,000 students, the district is comprised of 18 schools and is a deliberate choice for residents and educators seeking the best educational opportunities. Cambridge Public Schools’ multi-year strategic plan has set forth a vision for rigorous, joyful and culturally responsive learning plus personalized support for every student.
For additional information about the school district, please refer to
the district website at: https://www.cpsd.us/
The CTO provides visionary leadership to the CPS district Human Resources and Talent Management functions, and optimizes the district’s ability to recruit, retain and grow top talent and increase the diversity of the district’s workforce. This individual is committed to fostering equity, inclusion and belonging and acts as a team member in leading the district in becoming an anti-racist school community through a shared vision, aligned goals and courageous conversations. The CTO assists the Superintendent in establishing, articulating and supporting the district vision.
Desired qualifications include:
· Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree in human resources or other related field strongly preferred
· Minimum of three (3) years of successful administrative experience in human resources or other related field in a K-12 public or private school setting; five (5) years preferred.
· Successful track record of working in an urban setting with staff, students and families from diverse racial, ethnic, linguistic and socio-economic backgrounds
· Strong ability to oversee, monitor, and manage complex human resources related matters
· A strong understanding of complex state and federal law and an ability to effectively interpret and communicate those laws
· Familiarity with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, specifically pertaining to licensure and personnel regulations
Cambridge Public Schools will offer a competitive contract with a regionally competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, along with a generous benefits package.
Applications will be reviewed starting on May 13, 2022 (application deadline); applications received after that date may be considered at the discretion of the Superintendent. Preliminary interviews are planned to begin by the end of May 2022. The start date for this position is July 1, 2022.
Interested candidates should contact: Dr. Sally Dias, Cambridge Chief Talent Officer Search, New England School Development Council, 28 Lord Road, Marlborough, MA 01752; Phone: 508-481-9444; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To access the application, please visit www.nesdec.org and
click on the Executive Search tab
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com