North Reading Middle School is seeking a Special Education Teacher for school year for 2023-2024. North Reading Public Schools is actively looking to build a diverse workforce to ensure all students feel welcome, safe, and valued for who they are and supported to reach their potential. In addition to competitive salary and benefits (linked below), we are offering up to $9,000 per candidate available for: Tuition reimbursement, relocation support, and/or signing bonus.
- Provide direct specialized instruction, inclusion support, curriculum modifications and accommodations for middle school students with disabilities
- Develop appropriate IEPs in conjunction with the IEP Team
- Provide consultation to general education staff in the content areas associated with assigned students and ensure that accommodations are being met
- Facilitate all aspects of student IEPs including the annual review and interim progress meetings
- Complete academic testing for initial and re-evaluations
- Oversee support of paraprofessional staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education teaching license in Moderate Disabilities PreK-8
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative working demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
Additional benefits for this work are outlined in the current North Reading Education Association (NREA) contract.
The North Reading Public Schools (NRPS) provides a safe, inclusive, and supportive learning environment where students develop both their social-emotional and academic skills and abilities through an exploration of a wide range of content areas, the arts, athletics, and extra-curricular opportunities. With a dedication to excellence, service, and life-long learning our students will engage collaboratively, think critically, embrace diversity, and value equity in order to become productive global citizens.
NRPS is actively looking to build a diverse workforce to ensure all students feel welcome, safe, and valued for who they are and supported to reach their potential. Candidates with different perspectives and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply to grow our school community and help students feel personally connected to their learning experiences and feel represented inside and outside of the classroom ensuring a sense of belonging.
To apply for this job please visit nrpsk12.tedk12.com.