North Reading Public Schools has an anticipated opening for an Out of District Coordinator, Long-Term Substitute from tentatively September 5, 2023 through December 1, 2023. North Reading Public Schools is actively looking to build a diverse workforce to ensure all students feel welcome, safe, and valued for who they are and supported to reach their potential.
This is a part-time, 0.5 FTE, position that can be done remotely, from home.
- Facilitate three year re-evaluation, manifestation, and annual review IEP Team meetings for students placed in out of district programs
- Complete required paperwork associated with TEAM meetings in collaboration with the out of district placement
- Collaborate with team members to ensure IEP is completed and sent to parents within the appropriate time frame
- Ensure students who have Extended School Year (ESY) are secured for their program, and communicate to the Director of Student Services
- Provide case management and oversight for students on this caseload
- All other duties as identified by the Director of Student Services
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education teaching license in any Special Education area (e.g. Special Education Administrator, Teacher of Students with Moderate Disabilities any grade, Teacher of Students with Severe Disabilities, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative working demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
The North Reading Public Schools (NRPS) provides a safe, inclusive, and supportive learning environment where students develop both their social-emotional and academic skills and abilities through an exploration of a wide range of content areas, the arts, athletics, and extra-curricular opportunities. With a dedication to excellence, service, and life-long learning our students will engage collaboratively, think critically, embrace diversity, and value equity in order to become productive global citizens.
NRPS is actively looking to build a diverse workforce to ensure all students feel welcome, safe, and valued for who they are and supported to reach their potential. Candidates with different perspectives and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply to grow our school community and help students feel personally connected to their learning experiences and feel represented inside and outside of the classroom ensuring a sense of belonging.
To apply for this job please visit nrpsk12.tedk12.com.