Website Watertown Public Schools
ANTICIPATED 0.5 ELEMENTARY ESL TEACHER
Cunniff Elementary School
Watertown Public Schools
Job ID: 3863204
Application Deadline: May 13, 2022
Posted: April 29, 2022
Starting Date: August 31, 2022
Watertown Public Schools seeks outstanding applicants for the position of 0.5 ESL Teacher at Cunniff Elementary School.
Working under the general supervision of the ESL Coordinator as well as building administration, the successful candidate will:
– Plan and teach both pull out and push in groups as well as co-teaching with classroom teachers.
– Work collaboratively with members of the department and the school to support student learning and growth.
– It is anticipated that the person will co-teach a 1st grade class and support Kindergarten, so an Early Childhood is highly desirable.
– In addition, candidates with familiarity with Fundations, Calkins Reading and Writing, and who are bilingual are strongly preferred and encouraged to apply.
– A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
– The preferred candidate will be prepared to teach ESL and either majored in ESL or have completed a significant amount of ESL coursework in order to ensure their English language development (ELD) services are effective in meeting the needs of the English learners (ELs).
– They should be engaging and provide rigorous instruction for language development and access to content.
– The candidate will be able to properly identify of ELs in a timely manner and be able to administer the WIDA ACCESS, the WIDA screener and/or WIDA MODEL.
– The candidate should have experience teaching early literacy skills and be familiar with providing reading and writing instruction and phonics to elementary school students.
– They should possess good communication and interpersonal skills in order to have ongoing collaboration with core academic teachers, provide ELs with sheltered instruction and other effective strategies in their classroom as well as other people’s classrooms.
– The candidate would regularly communicate with parents as required, and as appropriate.
– S/he should have experience working with and/or teaching elementary students; an understanding of the needs of students at this age; a collaborative work ethic; a commitment to inclusive pedagogy.
– Active participation in monthly ELD department meetings and related professional development, as well as proficient use of email, spreadsheets, Google Docs, etc. for department communication and file sharing, are preferred.
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education license as a pre-K-6 ESL teacher.
Welcome to Cunniff Elementary School!
Mission Statement: The Cunniff School provides a supportive and challenging learning environment to maximize academic achievement, social responsibility and lifelong learning by attending to the intellectual and developmental needs of all individual students.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Watertown Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education license as a pre-K-6 ESL teacher.
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Kathryn Phillipson, ESL Coordinator
30 Common Street
Watertown, Massachusetts 02472
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org