Website Watertown Public Schools
EXTENDED DAY SITE COORDINATOR
Watertown Community Education Program
Watertown Public Schools
Job ID: 3974185
Application Deadline: August 3, 2022
Posted: July 20, 2022
Starting Date: August 29, 2022
POSITION: Extended Day Site Coordinator
LOCATION: Hosmer Elementary School
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Education
EDUCATION: BA/BS Required
SCHEDULE: 5 days/week, 35 hrs/wk, 11:00AM-6:00PM (additional hours as needed for planning, meetings, and family events)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: School Year (10 months, some evening/morning work with advance notice required)
START DATE: August 29, 2022
Under the supervision of the Director of Community Education provide leadership for the after-school program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership, supervision, and management for all aspects of the before-school and after-school programs (on-site for the after-school program).
- Assist staff in developing project-based learning activities, supporting students’ needs, managing behavior concerns, and adhering to a daily program-wide and group schedule.
- Create and manage staff schedules and coverage for staff absences.
- Build relationships with parents and families, including but not limited to: responding to concerns/ideas; communicating through newsletters/website updates/other methods, advertising and leading an annual parent orientation meeting and three Parent Advisory Board meetings per year.
- Act as the principal liaison between extended day program and school day staff (including custodial staff) on student concerns, family needs, building issues, etc.
- Work with Special Education consultants as necessary to implement student support plans during Extended Day.
- Work with the Director of Community Education to hire staff, create staff schedules (including vacation programs), and manage payroll.
- Prepare, print, distribute, and maintain records of student attendance.
- Attend monthly meetings with the Director and Community Education leadership team (typically held in the mornings).
- Prepare and hold after-school building-based and grade-alike meetings a minimum of once per month.
- Attend and participate in professional development opportunities as scheduled by the Director (may require some morning, night, and/or weekend hours).
- Prepare and perform goal setting and annual performance evaluations of staff, including recommendations for re-appointment.
- Participate in professional development, including training relevant to participation in Quality Rating Improvement Scale (QRIS).
- Work with the Director to plan special events, i.e. family night, field trips, special guests, etc.
Monitor supply inventory, work with the Director on ordering, maintain purchase records.
- Process bi-weekly staff payroll.
- Collect, record, and process tuition payments.
- Work with building staff, Director and Assistant Director of Community Education, central office staff, custodial staff, extended day staff to monitor and coordinate after-school building use.
- Ensure building security and implement safety procedures such as ALICE training and fire drills. Participate in the district-wide Critical Incident Team.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Human Services or a related field required.
- At least three years of experience working with elementary school-age children is preferred.
- At least three years of experience supervising staff is preferred.
- Understanding of project-based learning model.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to relate well to children, parents, families, the community, school personnel, and staff.
- Certified in First Aid/CPR.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Salary: $43,804 Per Year
Equal Opportunity Employer
Watertown Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Debora Cornelius, Director of community Education
50 Columbia Street
Watertown, MA 02472
To apply for this job please visit www.schoolspring.com.